The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

"NICE / GOOD" THINGS Thread

Started by cc, August 13, 2021, 03:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

[So many bad / negative things today - We need a "good things" thread]

MLB | Field of Dreams Game Highlights - A For Real Pro Game

Chicago White Sox & New York Yankees play regular season game at the original "Field of Dreams" Stadium in Iowa - build out of a corn field for the inspirational / positive movie

Anderson hit a two-run homer with one out in the ninth inning into the cornfield to end the Field of Dreams game in cinematic fashion, as the Chicago White Sox outslugged the New York Yankees 9–8 Thursday night in the first Major League Baseball game in Iowa.

"The fans came to see a show, and we gave them a show," Anderson said.

Costner (who made the magical movie) started the evening with a star's entrance, slowly walking out of the cornrows—like Shoeless Joe Jackson and his ghost-like teammates did in the film

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2021/08/13/Costner-1200x800.jpg">

The game itself

">

:"If you build it, he will come". This is a line from the 1989 Kevin Costner movie Field of Dreams. In the movie, Costner's character Ray is struggling with his relationship with his deceased father who was a devoted baseball fan.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Anonymous

From Barrie, Ontario

Sydney was born premature at 29 weeks with a birth weight of 1 pound 15 oz. The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto cared for her for the first 9½ months of her life. In addition to cardiac surgery at four months, Sydney at eight months of age had surgery to insert a tracheostomy and gastrointestinal tube.

Once home, Sydney became involved with Empower Simcoe Infant Development Program for in-home developmental support, family support and to help encourage community integration for Sydney and her family. Specialized funding for Sydney was received through Respite Enhancement Funds and Special Services at Home. The Innisfil Professional Fire Fighter's Association graciously donated a generator as a backup power source for Sydney's medical equipment to ensure she is in the best possible health at all times.

She is an energetic, playful and strong-willed little girl who continues to overcome challenges. According to Mom Jennifer, "Our family is so incredibly grateful for the support from Empower Simcoe. Because of this support, we have been able to adjust to Sydney's needs and maintain an active and stimulating environment for our family."

Anonymous

More from Barrie.

Corey Huggins takes great pride in hard work, getting his hands dirty, and nurturing something from seed to harvest.

Supported by Empower Simcoe's Community Support Services program, Corey looks forward each year to another season of growing pumpkins and sunflowers on his family's farm. Prepping the plants begins in the spring, about five weeks before seeds go in the ground. First, the seeds are planted into labeled starter boxes that identify the different varieties of plants. Supplied by no one but Mother Nature, the next essential ingredients are sunlight and lots of water. Before the transplanted seedlings go into the ground with a shovel full of manure, under Corey's supervision, the soil is turned with a cultivator and tractor. Then, it's months of early morning watering and weeding before the summer's sun gets too hot. By September, Corey's farm field is a vast sea of orange as the pumpkins are ready for harvest. Here's a little pumpkin patch fun fact. Once a pumpkin is picked, it's dunked in a barrel of water and bleach to preserve it and help it last through the autumn months. Corey also loves picking his farm's bright and cheery sunflowers so he can give out bouquets to family and friends. In addition to generous donations of his farm's fall harvest to a local café and his neighbours, Corey was thrilled to provide pumpkins to Empower Simcoe's Community Support Services program along with a beautiful Thanksgiving floral arrangement.

For Corey, it's a way for him to give back to his community, nurture his social skills, and share in something he loves.

Thank you, Corey, for this special gift of gratitude and sharing in those good things that come from the earth.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=417896 time=1628882974 user_id=88

Chicago White Sox & New York Yankees play regular season game at the original "Field of Dreams" Stadium in Iowa - build out of a corn field for the inspirational / positive movie

Anderson hit a two-run homer with one out in the ninth inning into the cornfield to end the Field of Dreams game in cinematic fashion, as the Chicago White Sox outslugged the New York Yankees 9–8 Thursday night in the first Major League Baseball game in Iowa.

Costner (who made the magical movie) started the evening with a star's entrance, slowly walking out of the cornrows—like Shoeless Joe Jackson and his ghost-like teammates did in the film

The game itself

">

:"If you build it, he will come". This is a line from the 1989 Kevin Costner movie Field of Dreams. In the movie, Costner's character Ray is struggling with his relationship with his deceased father who was a devoted baseball fan.

Good thread cc.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

Calgarian Sean Crump received the provincial Marlin Styner Achievement Award on Thursday, December 3 during a virtual ceremony. The award recognizes "an individual with a disability who has not allowed their disability to become a barrier in pursuing personal or professional excellence," and is named for the late Marlin Styner, a public speaker and accessibility advocate. Crump, who has lived with quadriplegia since 2004, is the founder and CEO of Universal Access, a consulting group that helps make homes, businesses and public facilities accessible to everyone.

Gaon

Canadians are a charitable people. Israelis are as well.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: Gaon post_id=417941 time=1628955651 user_id=3170
Canadians are a charitable people. Israelis are as well.

True. I have been actively involved with various local charities for fifteen years.

cc

There is lots of good things as we see above

Afternote on "Field of Dreams": https://www.foxnews.com/sports/fox-sports-field-of-dreams-most-watch-mlb-2005">FOX Sports' Field of Dreams broadcast most-watch regular season MLB game since 2005

Viewership peaked between 8:45 and 9 p.m. ET to just over 6 million

Thursday's game almost ranked as the most-streamed regular baseball game in FOX Sports history, according to the network's public relations team.

Surrounded by cornfields and other nostalgic details, MLB's first-ever game in Iowa did not disappoint.

[I guess we can count on regular repeats from the corn field ac_smile ]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=417960 time=1628972879 user_id=88
There is lots of good things as we see above

Afternote on "Field of Dreams": https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/shhzdcy/s2iwolzo/p2/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sbgpzkcu/snop/p2/sports/fox-sports-field-of-dreams-most-watch-mlb-2005">FOX Sports' Field of Dreams broadcast most-watch regular season MLB game since 2005

Viewership peaked between 8:45 and 9 p.m. ET to just over 6 million

Thursday's game almost ranked as the most-streamed regular baseball game in FOX Sports history, according to the network's public relations team.

Surrounded by cornfields and other nostalgic details, MLB's first-ever game in Iowa did not disappoint.

[I guess we can count on regular repeats ac_smile ]

I'd watch it.

cc

Yes. I wish I had known it was going to play. Would have watched for sure

The "heart" movie left a lasting impression on me that always invokes feelings when I think of it ... the only one I can say that about

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=417963 time=1628973178 user_id=88
Yes. I wish I had known it was going to play. Would have watched for sure

The "heart" movie left a lasting impression on me that always invokes feelings when I think of it ... the only one I can say that about

I will make a point of watching it.

Renee

Quote from: cc post_id=417896 time=1628882974 user_id=88

The game itself

">

As much as I despise the fucking Yankees, this was a good thing... :thumbup:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

cc

https://www.wltribune.com/community/williams-lake-trucker-praised-for-generosity-toward-stranded-elderly-couple-on-highway-97/?__FB_PRIVATE_TRACKING__=%7B%22loggedout_browser_id%22:%225339a73d2be223863333d50abdb194b8cebeebd8%22%7D">Trucker praised for generosity toward stranded elderly couple on Highway 97 in BC

Rene Bremner stopped, aired up tire ..  followed them to be sure OK .. paid for tire repair  ... and then paid by phone call for couple's lunch at Cache Creek after seeing them stop for lunch

https://43yhaw12flsg1nrymq18qtd6-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/26101744_web1_210812-WLT-GenerousWLTrucker_1-640x427.jpg">

Williams Lake trucker Rene Bremner is being praised as a "prince of men," after he helped an elderly couple who ran into car troubles along Highway 97 near Cache Creek recently.

In a Facebook post Bill Barr said his grandparents had a flat tire and when they stopped in the 39C heat discovered their spare tire was flat as well.

"This guy must have sensed they were in trouble," Barr noted in the post. "Anyway he took time out of his I'm sure long day and changed the blown tire and air[ed] up the spare with an air hose he had on his truck and then put it on and followed my grandparents to Cache Creek in case he had to air it up again."

Grandson's Posting:

Stories not finished yet, my grandparents went for lunch while they waited for the tire to be fixed, we'll be dammed if this guy didn't phone the restaurant and paid for their lunch as well

Sir you are an inspiration to mankind, as my grandparents say, you're a PRINCE OF MEN

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=417969 time=1628977297 user_id=88
https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/snxfnvfibn/spqr/p2/community/williams-lake-trucker-praised-for-generosity-toward-stranded-elderly-couple-on-highway-97/?__FB_PRIVATE_TRACKING__=%7B%22loggedout_browser_id%22:%225339a73d2be223863333d50abdb194b8cebeebd8%22%7D">Trucker praised for generosity toward stranded elderly couple on Highway 97 in BC

Rene Bremner stopped, aired up tire ..  followed them to be sure OK .. paid for tire repair  ... and then paid by phone call for couple's lunch at Cache Creek after seeing them stop for lunch

https://43yhaw12flsg1nrymq18qtd6-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/26101744_web1_210812-WLT-GenerousWLTrucker_1-640x427.jpg">

Williams Lake trucker Rene Bremner is being praised as a "prince of men," after he helped an elderly couple who ran into car troubles along Highway 97 near Cache Creek recently.

In a Facebook post Bill Barr said his grandparents had a flat tire and when they stopped in the 39C heat discovered their spare tire was flat as well.

"This guy must have sensed they were in trouble," Barr noted in the post. "Anyway he took time out of his I'm sure long day and changed the blown tire and air[ed] up the spare with an air hose he had on his truck and then put it on and followed my grandparents to Cache Creek in case he had to air it up again."

Grandson's Posting:

Stories not finished yet, my grandparents went for lunch while they waited for the tire to be fixed, we'll be dammed if this guy didn't phone the restaurant and paid for their lunch as well

Sir you are an inspiration to mankind, as my grandparents say, you're a PRINCE OF MEN

Rene Bremner is an exceptionally good samaritan.